To make use of the REST API, you must supply an authorisation token in the HTTP header, with each request. This token is generated from the Client Control Panel (https://controlpanel.fortytwo.com), in the tokens section, under the VOICE tab.
- Each token generated maps directly to your account, having a specific routing preference (Marketing or Sensitive) amongst other information. Each token can also have a custom name to make it easier for you to remember what each token does.
- A token can have a set of whitelisted IPs that will be allowed to send requests using that specific token. When this is left blank, it indicates that any IP address can be used.
- Your account can have multiple tokens.
- You can generate a token for every different route or sender ID combination you want to deliver on.
- Tokens do not expire, and can be edited at any time.
- Tokens can be invalidated (deleted) from the same user interface.
- Once a token is invalidated, it cannot be re-used again. Hence, a new one has to be generated.
- Make sure not to disclose any of your tokens to any unauthorised entity.
The HTTP request header is set as follows: