To make use of the REST API, you must supply an authorisation token in the HTTP header, with each request. The token is generated through the Client Control Panel (https://controlpanel.fortytwo.com), in the tokens section, under the IM tab.
- Each token generated maps directly to your account, having a specific routing preference (both the SMS route and the message route, spoken about later on) and sender ID. Each token can also have a custom name to make it easier for you to remember what each token does.
- A token can have specific whitelisted IPs that will be allowed to send requests using that specific token. When this is left blank opens it up to be used by any IP address.
- Your account can have multiple tokens.
- You can generate a token for every different route or sender ID combination you want to deliver on.
- Tokens do not expire, and can be edited at any time.
- Tokens can be invalidated(deleted) from the same user interface.
- Once a token is invalidated, it cannot be re-used again, instead a new one has to be generated.
- Make sure not to disclose any of your tokens to any unauthorised entity.
The HTTP request header is set as follows: