To make use of the REST API, you must supply an authorisation token in the HTTP header for each request. The token is generated through the Client Control Panel in the tokens section under the SMS-MT tab.
- Each token generated, maps directly to your account, message route, sender IDs and IP restrictions. Each token can also a custom name to make it easier for you to remember what each token is for.
- A set of IPs can be associated to a token, which restricts requests to those IP’s. In the event that IP’s have not been specified, your token can be used from anywhere on the Internet.
- Your account can have multiple tokens.
- Tokens do not expire, and can be edited at any time
- You must not disclose any of your tokens to an unauthorised entity and in the event that this occurs, tokens can be invalidated or deleted from the same user interface. Once a token is invalidated, it cannot be used again and a new one must be generated.
The HTTP request header is set as follows: