To make use of the REST API, you must supply an authorisation token in the HTTP header, with each request. The token is generated through the Client Control Panel (https://controlpanel.fortytwo.com/), in the tokens section, under the IM tab.
- Each token generated maps directly to your account, message route, sender IDs and IP restrictions. Each token can also have a custom name to make it easier for you to remember what each token is for.
- A set of IPs can be associated to a token, which restricts requests using that token to be sent exclusively from those IP’s. If no IP’s are specified, your token can be used from anywhere on the Internet.
- Your account can have multiple tokens.
- Tokens do not expire, and can be edited at any time.
- Make sure not to disclose any of your tokens to any unauthorised entity. If this happens, tokens can be invalidated (deleted) from the same user interface. Once a token is invalidated, it cannot be re-used again, instead a new one has to be generated.
The HTTP request header is set as follows: